1. Open up your preferred web browser. We have used “Chromium” in this example. Another great browser is “Firefox” by Mozilla.
Note: You can also create an email account through the browser on your mobile device.
2. Type cpanel.example.com into the address bar, replacing example.com with your own domain. In this example, and in the videos above we use cloudsupport.co.za for our domain.
3. Type in the username and password of your cPanel hosting account and click the “Log in” button.
Note: You would have received the cPanel username and password when you first signed up for the hosting plan with Cloud Matrix. If you do not know your cPanel username or password please feel free to contact support.
4. Scroll down the page to the “Email” section, and click on the “Email Accounts” icon.
5. Make sure the “Add Email Account” tab is selected. In the “Email” field, enter an account name. An account name is anything before the “@” symbol of your email address.
6. In the “Password” field, enter a strong password for your new email account. You can either make up your own password, or you can generate a random password using the “Generate” button to the right of the “Password” field.
Note: Pay attention to the password strength indicator just below the “Password” field. When the bars turn green, this means that your password strength is good.
7. In the “Password (Again)” field, either retype the password or copy and paste it from the first field.
Trick: You can toggle password visibility using the icon.
8. Next, set the amount of disk space you want to allocate to this email account in the “Mailbox Quota” field.
- The first radio button allows you to set a specific quota for this mailbox. Keep in mind that there is an overall disk space allowance set according to your hosting plan.
- The second radio button allows you to set this mailbox to “Unlimited“. Again, keep in mind that your hosting plan has a disk space limit.
9. Finally, click on the “Create Account” button to save the settings and create the email account. If you have selected the “Send welcome email…” checkbox, there will be an email in your new inbox containing instructions to configure your mail client.
If all is well, you will receive a “Success” message letting you know that your new email account has been created and you are ready to start sending and receiving mail.